While waiting in the marriage waiting room at the Draper temple before the wedding of Kim and Kevin an ordinance worker spoke to Don. She said ordinance workers are asked to not shush the patrons, so they go to the family patriarch and ask them to help their family members speak more reverently. I guess she thought Don was the family patriarch.
That evening we were in the kitchen at Mom and Dad Rogers' house, helping with the reception, when a lady came in. She looked at Don and said, "You must be Lynn's father." We all laughed. "I must have said something wrong." she said. "I'm his older brother." Don said.
Then, last week we were at a funeral for a member of our ward, Ron Strong. Ron's son had married a Bloomquist from La Canada and her parents were there. They recognized Don, not as the son, but as the father.
2 comments:
Poor guy! At least he is smiling about it :)
It's the hair.
Post a Comment