Don surprised us all a couple of weeks ago and ordered Comcast cable so we could get the BYU games. Yeah!!! Of course, the first two games were on ESPN so we could have watched them anyways, and what games they were. Wow! Ranked 7th!
Until yesterday. Amy called about 3:30 wondering what we were doing for the evening. There I was sitting in my BYU game day shirt waiting for the game to start, so I told her we were going to watch the game. Good, she said. Can we come watch too? Of course.
So they came, we had tacos for dinner, we watched the game, we pretended we saw David and Kelly in the stands. We cheered, we groaned, they lost. And not only lost... got creamed. So much for ranking 7th in the nation. And Amy and Wes drove all the way out here for that.
Go BYU?
And can you believe it? The door bell rang this morning (Sunday) and there was a guy standing there saying he was from Comcast and was here to bury the cable. Not today, I told him, it's Sunday. So he went away and who knows when he will come again. But it just didn't feel right to have him out in our front yard working on the Sabbath.
2 comments:
I love your blog! It's sounds just like you! Like I can hear your voice in my head while I'm reading it. Yay!
I'm so glad to hear you sent "The Cable Guy" away (pun totally intended!) I'm right there with you feeling weird when people want to work on something that involves me on Sunday.
As far a BYU - ya' gotta take the lows with the highs, honey! And it was a wonderful reason for a family get-together. Lucky YOU!!
Post a Comment