Sunday, January 24, 2010

Look at our Wall

During Christmas vacation I was asking what we should do with the blank wall in the hallway, the one that used to have all the 9th grade, band, and senior class pictures taped to it.

I had thought about framing all our old family pictures and hanging them there. Another suggestion was to put random pictures of the family on the wall.

Then Danny said it would be cool if we could make the wall magnetic. The only way I could figure we could do that was if we got the white board like they have at the church that allows magnets to stick to it. So I got online to see what a board like that would cost.

When I typed magnetic in the search engine one of the options was magnetic paint. Hummmmm

I checked it out.

That looked like an interesting idea.

So I got some.....

and painted the wall,

and painted the wall,

and painted the wall.




Then I painted the wall again with the normal color and paint.

And now we have a magnetic wall.



Then Jenny thought it would be fun to have the grandkids over for a sleepover and wanted me to come up with some kind of activity they could do while they were here.


I thought it would be fun if they made some magnets that we could put on the new magnetic wall. While they were making them, using scrapbook paper and drawing their own designs, Kelly thought it would be fun to take pictures of the kids to put on the magnets.


But they couldn't just be normal pictures. They had to be crazy pictures. Flying pictures.

They started out like this....


....and escalated to this....








Fortunately there were no broken bones, and there was not even any crying.
Nobody got hurt.
They all had fun.
P.S. If anybody else wants to make magnets to put on our wall, we'd love to have them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a new idea and what fun pictures