Today I was working on taking notes from family histories for the paper I need to write for my BYU class and found out some interesting information.
1) Grandma Anna Rowan was instrumental (pun not intended, or maybe it was) in getting the Marching Band going at Ririe High School in 1932.
2) Aunt Betty and Aunt Ruth were in the band when they were invited to compete in a national competition being held in Provo in 1938.
3) Grandpa Milo Rowan was one of the dads who organized the band trip to Provo. They all went in cars, with Grandpa as one of the drivers. Uncle Marlon drove the vehicle that pulled the trailer full of instruments. Grandma went along for the ride.
I guess what goes around comes around.
1 comment:
The band was always big in their lives. Your Dad was in the band at the U of U also.
Post a Comment