Diapers, spitup, driving, Christmas, family party, hugs, kisses, kisses ("not that kind"), bottles, playing, dancing, diapers, freeway, cold, snow, home, not home, concerts, New Year's Eve party, and a change in church callings.
Celebrations
It has been quite a month - starting with our Family Party on December 11th. Everyone was here, including Danny and Jamie and kids (plus three kids they were babysitting) via Skype, and Grandpa and Grandma Rogers. We have discovered that Skype is a wonderful thing. Instant video and voice over the internet to anywhere for free. It is great! While we built and decorated graham cracker houses in Alpine, we also got to watch Danny and family decorate theirs in Glastonbury.
The next evening I sang in the Joyful Christmas Sounds concert, ending 8 weeks of 9pm Sunday evening practices. Right after that I drove up to David's house in Brigham City.
Surgery and Recovery
The next day, Monday morning, David and Janeal went to the hospital for her surgery. I got to take care of the kids. The first few days were a little challenging, but by the end of three and a half weeks I got pretty good at it. I fed the babies a lot of bottles, changed a lot of diapers, played with the kids, watched a lot of Sesame Street, Sid the Science Kid, and Cat in the Hat knows a lot about that.
In the middle of all this, we went to Kristy's Christmas Band Concert, went to G&G Rogers house for Chrismas Eve, and opened presents Christmas morning - here, in Glastonbury, and in Brigham City, again via Skype. The next weekend we brought in the new year with 10 crazy teenagers who celebrated the new year three times - once at 9:30 when one of the friends needed to leave, once while watching the countdown as the projector warmed up, and then finally at midnight.
Church Calling Change
On Tuesday evening December 21, while in Brigham City I got a phone call from Don. He had just been released as High Priest Group Leader. I thought it was interesting that four and a half years ago when he received the call to that position I was in Mom and Dad's motorhome on the way to St. Louis, and now when he was released I was again not there.
On Sunday, December 26th, during tithing settlement, we found out why he was released. He was called to serve with me in the Nursery. Evidently a few years ago he had told Bishop Groesbeck that when he was released from High Priests he wanted to be called to the nursery. Bishop Groesbeck told the Primary Presidency and they remembered. So, yes, we are now in the, what I call, Junior Nursery. There are so many kids they needed to split the nursery. We have the kids who were born in 2009 and the ones that will be coming in this year. Quit laughing! It will take some time to get used to teaching kids who can't even really talk yet. For Don - he is going from the oldest in the ward to the youngest, from one sleepy group of people to another. He is looking forward to the treats and toys, though.
1 comment:
What a lot to do and deal with in just a short time. I am glad you are young and active enough to be able to do it all.
Love
Post a Comment