Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's Done...I'm Done!!!

The basic requirements for my last class:
     1) Write an 8-10 page, typed, double-spaced research paper about an ancestor who lived more than 100 years ago.
     2) Submit two papers written for previous classes. Identify the Family History learning outcomes.
     3) Submit a Portfolio Summary - each class and each BYU Aim had to be represented.
     4) Write an essay based on the Portfolio Summary
     5) Write a paper describing the meaningfulness of the capstone experience,

Submit all of these assignments together....in Microsoft Word or Excel format.

Doing each assignment was fine. Not easy, but do-able.

It was the submission process that was hard!

First off... I do everything on WordPerfect. I had to convert my papers to Microsoft Word. Easy enough for documents that only have words. Not so much for documents with pictures. I ended up just taking out the pictures. Oh well.

Second...With all of the documents together the file was way too big to send. So I had to figure out how to zip them into one file. That took a while...maybe an hour.

But, it is done. The files are sent. The assignment submitted. It's done.

I'm done... last class finished. Assuming they like what I did I will pass the class and graduate.

Commencement: Thursday, August 11 at 7pm in the Marriott Center. (Who knows if I will go to that. Not planning on it right now. I guess it depends on who is speaking.)

Convocation: Friday, August 12 at 5pm in the Marriott Center (I will definitely be to this. I already have my announcements. I learned from the experience with Kristy's graduation.)

That's it. I'm Done.

No comments: