Monday, August 15, 2011

Graduation

Look what I found when I came in from weeding the other day!

Danny and Jamie sent it in honor of my graduation from BYU.
Thank you!
They also went to a New England Patriots preseason football game for my graduation since they couldn't be here. We missed them, but know their thoughts were with us.

I met a couple of other ladies getting the same degree as me:
Bachelor of General Studies
with a Family History emphasis.
It was fun talking with them about our similar classes and experiences.

 The white stole I wore is called a Gratitude Stole. After graduation I was supposed to give it to the person who supported me mentally, emotionally, and financially throughout my college experience.
Of course, it went to Don!

I was grateful that Don's parents were able to take time out of their busy day to come. They have been home teachers to a couple in their ward who were able to go to the temple to be sealed. Don's dad performed the ceremony that morning. It was their 50th anniversary! Their kids also planned a reception for them that Mom and Dad Rogers were off to right after the graduation.

And, of course my parents came. I am so grateful they make such an effort to come to things like this.
They come to EVERYTHING! They are such a great support!
Strangely enough, we did not get a picture of them and me.
Humm. How did that get missed?

Gary's family also was there supporting me.
A great big THANK YOU goes to them.

And of course, here is my family, minus Danny.
Three pictures of this group were taken and someone was doing something goofy in each one.

And the grandkids came, well, half of them.

Kaylee surprised me with this graduation card...

...complete with her own poem.
I'm not sure why the picture ended up sideways.

So here I am, finally a BYU Graduate!
And it only took me 35 years!

GO BYU!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you and what you have accomplished!
You do more in a day than most people.
Love you!
Mom & Dad