Monday, September 5, 2011

Have you ever noticed?

Have you ever noticed that sometimes our thoughts lead us right into a calling we never thought we would have?

You know have I just graduated with a degree in Family History, but that wasn't my original plan when I entered BYU 35 years ago. My original major was Music Composition.

My Patriarchal Blessing tells me that I will be able to touch the hearts of many through music. Of course I have been involved with music my whole life, but lately I have been wondering how a degree in Family History could have anything to do with that blessing.

It doesn't, of course, but it made me start thinking more about my lack of musical involvement recently. In fact, just last week I was practicing some hymns I was going to be playing for Sacrament Meeting - I think it was the first time I have played the piano in a few months - and the thought came to me that I needed a more musical calling to make me practice more.

Well, be careful about thinking such things -- you may just get it!

I am now the Ward Choir Director! Oh my goodness!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Awesome!!! At least you're not the ward music charman.....I still have no idea what I am doing....or why they called ME for this job.

Wes and Amy Larsen said...

At least you're not the ward music chairman, choir director, and ward chorister all at the same time!

Anonymous said...

Is that plus your other job?

Marla said...

Yes. I am doing both until December. Then they will release us from Nursery and give Don another job.