Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nursery No More

When we were asked to be the Nursery Leaders in January, I was not too excited about doing it. I had never wanted to be in the nursery. I had always felt like I had a nursery at home and didn't need to go to church and be in a nursery again.

But then all our kids grew up. Our home was a nursery no more.

I have since discovered how much fun it is to be in the nursery. But, besides being able to play with the kids, blow bubbles, and eat treats during church, the best part of being in the nursery was getting to do it with my husband. Lots of fun!

Then I was called to be the Ward Choir Director. When I asked about the nursery I was assured that we would be able to finish our year-long calling. Yeah!

However, a couple of weeks ago Don was called to serve as the Ward Clerk -- again. He has served as Ward Clerk in this ward for seven years already, previous to serving five years as High Priest Group Leader just before we were in the nursery.

So we were released from the nursery.  : (

We are in the nursery no more.

No comments: