They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I considered taking a picture, but decided not too.
I was about ten minutes late getting to the crosswalk this morning. Good thing. I wasn't there to see the deer get hit right near where I park.
But... it was laying right in the travel lane. I called Police Dispatch, they transferred me to the Department of Wildlife Resources. I asked them to hurry to clean it up since it was right by the crosswalk and told her it was in the middle of the road. She called the Police Department and sent an officer over.
When he arrived he said he had just driven through the area thirty minutes before and it was not there. As he looked at it he realized it was still breathing. Oooohhhh! He was going to have to shoot it! He asked me to walk up the road and stop traffic while he shot the deer and then moved it out of the road. But it was not dead yet! It was still moving! He had to shoot it again!
Fortunately no kids came during this time. But soon afterwards I noticed a kid on a bike coming from the west. The next time I looked to see where he was I saw him on the ground. Turns out he rode his bike off the sidewalk and fell over. Could anything else awful happen?!?!?!?
Thank goodness a storm is coming in. Hopefully it will wash the blood off the road.
1 comment:
What a way to start the day!
Post a Comment