Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Scripture Questions

After finding, while serving in the temple, that I really can memorize long passages, I decided to take up Elder Scott's challenge at General Conference to memorize scriptures.
Yes, not only do I walk back and forth at the crosswalk doing my 11,000+ steps, but now I mumble to myself while memorizing scriptures.

I have some thoughts and questions in D&C 76:15-24 I thought I would share. Maybe you might be interested in sharing your thoughts as well.

While doing the work of translation the Lord asked them to do, Joseph and Sidney came across a verse that was given to them quite differently than they read it in the scriptures. This surprised them and they stopped to meditate on the difference. How many times do we stop to meditate on something we have read? Because they did "the Lord touched the eyes of [their] understandings and they were opened..."

They were given the blessing of "behold[ing] the glory of the Son, on the right hand of the Father, and received of his fulness."

Question #1: Who received of his fulness? Joseph and Sidney? or the Son.

They also "saw the holy angels, and them who are sanctified before his throne, worshipping God, and the Lamb, who worship him forever and ever."

Question #2: I have been trying to picture this scene and am not sure how to picture them worshipping. My first thought is that they would be on their knees facing God, and the Lamb, but to "worship them forever and ever" in this position seems unreasonable. In applying this scripture to ourselves, how would we worship them forever and ever?

What do you think? I am anxious to read what you have to say.

1 comment:

Wes and Amy Larsen said...

1. I would say Joseph and Sidney.
2. There is more than one type of worship. We worship in church but we also worship in our everyday lives by being an example of Him and spreading his gospel.