He DID it!
Don ran his second half marathon!
He ran the Provo Canyon Halloween Half on Saturday, October 27th.
I was going to go with him to get start line pictures,
but discovered that he would be parking at University Mall at 5:30am
to ride a bus up the canyon to the start line.
And the race would not start until 9am.
If I had gone with him I would not have been at the start line
and I would not have had anything to do, but freeze, for more than 4 hours.
So Jenny and Kelly picked me up. Then we picked up Kristy.
We drove part way up the canyon to Canyon Glen Park -- the 9 mile point --
and waited -- and froze.
Finally, after waiting about 45 minutes, and watching other runners go by
(who thought we should either be running and/or cheering for them),
and checking out the variety of Halloween costumes,
our own Waldo came.
After cheering him on and relieving him of his gloves
we left Waldo to continue running four more miles,
and we jumped back into the warm car and drove to the finish line.
His official finish time was 2:19:05. He was 9th out of 14 in his age group.
Go Waldo!!!
Now he has it in his mind to run the St. George Marathon next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment