So, I went to Lone Peak on Wednesday to pay off Kristy's band tour fees and heard that they were interviewing for an office aide job.
"Is it still possible to apply?" I asked. No, they just hired someone, but they do need a tracker. I left my name and number, then went home. It would be nice to get in out of the cold.
Thursday morning I got a phone call from the Principal's secretary. Could I come in for an interview? Sure. I went. We talked. I tried to convince myself that I would enjoy the job of making sure the kids are in class and not wandering the hallways, and calling parents of kids who were habitually absent, and talking to the kids who were habitually absent, trying to convince them of the importance of going to class and getting an education.
Well, I guess I convinced the interviewers, because about half an hour after getting home from the interview they called to offer me the job. I said I wanted it and hurried down to the district office to get fingerprinted.
Then I started thinking. Did I really want to give up my four hours a day, $10.41 an hour, sit in the car and study or read or vegitate, 30-second contact with people, mostly by myself job that allows me to do things during the day like shopping and going to the temple, for a job that would be six hours a day, $8.75 an hour, constant contact with people and no time during the day to do anything else?
No. I called the school Friday morning and turned down the opportunity.
But, I now have a new opinion of my crossing guard job, so it is almost like having a new job. I guess there is nothing like the possibility of change to make us appreciate what we already have.
No comments:
Post a Comment