I finished my Scottish Family History class today. I went from having two pages worth of family group sheet to about and inch of information in the the last two months as I researched the siblings and parents of Peter Peterkin.
It was fun to find so many birth, death, and marriage records, all online. Of course, it wasn't cheap. It gives me a new appreciation for Ancestry.com. With them you pay one price for a certain amount of time to access their information - three months, six months, a year. But then you have unlimited access to what they have. The only problem is that they don't have images of Scotland censuses and no other Scotland records. So, if I didn't want to spend hours at the Family History Library looking through microfilms (which I didn't) the only other option I had was to use ScotlandsPeople.com. It is a really cool website, but each image cost $2.00. So I spent a lot of money in the last two months, and I only really researched two of the nine children.
So I turned in my research binder yesterday, Thursday, and requested the test which they said would be ready for me on Friday. So I went back to Provo this morning (Friday) and took the test. I think I did pretty good on it, but they wouldn't tell me my score until my research binder was graded. Now I wait until they post my grades.
But, it felt weird not to have a class hanging over my head, so I came home and registered for a new one -- Doctrine and Covenants part 2. I have to take it as a required class. It is number 5 on the countdown list of classes to graduation.
1 comment:
You really keep busy don't you. I admire what you do.
Post a Comment